Friday, August 14, 2015

More about JUICE!

A friend asked me if Diabetics could "juice"  and my reply to her was ask your doc first!  Pineapple is high in sugar, maybe beets?  I don't know these things, so it's best to just make sure what you put in your juicer is on your diet.  I would think there must be recipes that would be great for diabetics.

Last night while Brad and my Dad enjoyed another half hour on the pool deck; most likely Dad filling Brad in on his last few days, I made juice with:

2 green apples
1 small lemon
4 carrots
3 stalks of celery
1/2 of a medium sized beet
about an inch of ginger



YUM!
It's crazy but I love the aroma as I tip it up for a drink.
A bit woodsy, a little ginger tickling my nose.  I could have used
more ginger and more beet.
I love it when they turn out so good.  I sample before I decide it's done.  This made two 12 oz servings and we had it with the chicken Brad grilled for us. 

No comments: