Friday, October 7, 2011

It really is October


 Well, here goes.  I've had this blog since I was 47 with only one grand child and this will be my first post.  Procrastinate much?  So much has happened in just 3 years.

 Time is getting away from me this morning after Skyping with my girls and their kids.  No better way to start the day.  Enjoying my coffee in a mug from George (all the way from Utah).  We had breakfast at the Silver Fork Lodge when we were there early in September.  Good memories.
I love his new jammies!
telling me about the fair rides they went on
my new favorite mug

  My back is pressed into a hot rice sock to try and get these 50 year old bones warmed up.  It has inched up to 40* from the 27* I woke up to and the sun is shining bright so it's looking like a good day for pumpkin and corn stalk picking.  A little behind this year with all the traveling we've done. but the promise of temps in the 70*s this weekend will make it possible to do all those out door things I've put off because I'm not ready to go out in the cold!  I did pull on some tights Wednesday night for bible study (peeled them off real quick when we got home too).  Warm pjs are so much cozier.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for a new blog! :o)

Ginny said...

Yeah a blog to keep up on Katie's auntie Kel and to hear the latest about Mr. Maxwell and itty bitty Izze. I am ready Kel, write away please and congrats on getting started!

Kel said...

I didn't do so well keeping you posted on here did I?!!