Thursday, October 20, 2011

October Morn

It's cold and damp enough this morning to merit a cozy fire in the wood stove, thank you babe!  I made the coffee and oatmeal while Brad got a fire going for me.  Yes, I'm very spoiled but I promise I don't take it for granted.  I was confused about the arrival of Isabelle so it's just Nellie and me here, but the Iz and her Mom are coming up Friday night and we get to have her through next Tuesday.  I think we'll carve some pumpkins.  Can't wait to get my hands in their slimy innards and see what Izze does with it.  We Skyped this morning and she told me she was still trying to decide whether she would spend the night at Nanny's tonight.  Her Daycare lady is having knee surgery, so Nanny and Gramma are filling in. 

Just threw another log on and will enjoy my second cup while it burns (the fire not my coffee) then it's time to get started on a project.  Not sure yet which one .. eeny meeny miney mo!  Our closet?  Kitchen cupboards?  Sort through boxes of random STUFF?  Whichever it might be laundry can't be put off any longer. 

Shutdown time at the plant so Brad is putting extra hours in and not sure if he'll get to play hockey tomorrow night.  Having Bri and Izze here when he gets home will help .. and maybe some apple crisp?

Nellie just scared the bejeebers out of me as usual.  SQUIRREL!  She attacks the glass door, scrabbles at the blinds and bumps into the table.  One of these days the blinds are going to come crashing down on her putting an end to all this nonsense.  Heart still pounding I will sign off now!


Our back yard nearly peak on 10/12



My morning is complete.  Max and his Mama just Skyped me and I laughed so hard my belly hurts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You think YOUR belly hurts ... Maxwell just flipped onto his belly and landed face first in his toy pile. Heehee! Good luck with your project(s)!